[R] R 2.6 and library(survival)

makis motakis efthimiosm at bii.a-star.edu.sg
Fri Nov 23 06:27:40 CET 2007

Hi all,

I have installed in R 2.6 the survival package and I am trying to analyze some
data and present plots. The problem occurs when I try to plot lines on
the same plot. E.g. take simulated data for time (t), event (e) and groups
(group1 and group2) and do:

### this is how I create the plots
plot1<-survfit(Surv(t,e)~ as.factor(group1))
plot2<-survfit(Surv(t,e)~ as.factor(group2))

plot(plot1)
lines(plot2,type="s")
   Error in rep(2, n2 - 1) : invalid 'times' argument

The plot is created (plot1) but the lines (plot2) are not. I have run this same program
several times from my previous pc (R 2.4 was installed)and I never had such a problem.
Now suddenly this error message appears and it concerns only the survival package (I mean
for simple plots there is no problem to plot lines in an existing plot). Is there a problem
with R 2.6 on this matter? Can someone please help?

Thank you,
Makis