[R] R2winBUGS & WinBUGS gui

Evan Cooch cooch17 at verizon.net
Fri Nov 23 17:45:30 CET 2007

I am trying to figure out if it is possible to run winBUGS from within
R, using R2winBUGS, without having winBUGS spawn any windows (basically
- 'true' batch - no GUI actions at all). The reason being I have a
machine which I (and several others) ssh/telnet into, and would like to
run winBUGS without having to mount a virtual desktop of any kind.

I've looked through the r2winBUGS docs, and there doesn't seem to be any
command(s) which I can invoke to simply use the winBUGS 'engine', and
not the winBUGS windows.

Yes, I know I could look at classic BUGS, or openBUGS, but neither work
particularly well for my purposes (since the code I'm using makes use of
a numb4er of winBUGS 'extensions' which aren't supported in other
flavours of BUGS).

Is this possible in any fashion?

Thanks in advance...