[R] grDevices

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Sat Nov 24 19:45:19 CET 2007

"amna khan" <amnakhan493 at gmail.com> wrote in
news:3ffd3bb60711232044i3cf5aaag533629f306fa2232 at mail.gmail.com:

> I am using R 2.6.0. In R console grDevices are not giving results like
> "png", "postcript", xlim, etc. I think they are not activated?????

Its not clear to me what you have tried, or what you are trying to do. xlim
is a parameter, whereas "png" is a device.

grDevices is a (default) package rather than a function, hence:
> grDevices
Error: object "grDevices" not found
> grDevices()
Error: could not find function "grDevices"

But if you ask:
?devices
or
?Devices
....you should get a help window with a list of graphics devices

If you ask:
> options("device")
      ...you get the current graphics device:
$device