[R] Install repeated library

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Mon Nov 26 23:07:47 CET 2007

On Mon, 26 Nov 2007, Becky Parker wrote:

> I was able to get the repeated library from
> http://popgen.unimaas.nl/~jlindsey/rcode.html<http://popgen.unimaas.nl/%7Ejlindsey/rcode.html>
>
> I still have not been able to find the repeated library on CRAN.  It is not
> listed on http://cran.r-project.org/src/contrib/PACKAGES.html
>
> I also tried clicking on Packages > Install packages in R 2.4.1.  I selected
> a CRAN mirror [tried both USA (CA 1) and India] and 'repeated' is not in the
> list of packages.
>
> What am I doing wrong?

Nothing.  AFAIK it has never been on CRAN.  BTW, the correct address _is_
in the R FAQ, section 5.1.5.

OTOH, expecting to use Windows binaries on such an old version of R will
be a problem (many newer packages and many bug fixes are not available),
as only 2.6.x is currently supported.  Please update to R 2.6.1.

Brian D. Ripley,                  ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk