[R] Export in pdf, png, jpg, eps, etc...

Sébastien pomchip at free.fr
Tue Nov 27 17:31:49 CET 2007

Dear R-users,

I have created a bunch of R scripts that automatically create multiple
plots, all saved in a pdf device. I initially chose pdf output in order
to easily access to multiple plots in a single file.
Now, I am trying to play with different devices, like png or eps and I
realize that the settings I used to have nice plots in a pdf device are
giving awful outputs with the other devices... Playing with the
resolution, for instance, impacts directly on the width of lines and
sympbols, making them almost invisible at high resolution.
Optimizing all these settings for every devices might be very tidious
for me, given the number and the length of my scripts. Is there any easy
way to keep the aspect of my plots the same way using different devices ?

Thanks you in advance for your feedback.

Sebastien