[R] Http_proxy settings with autoproxy.php

Lusseau, David d.lusseau at abdn.ac.uk
Wed Nov 28 13:49:40 CET 2007

Just installed R on a new machine which is on a server. I am trying to
download packages but seem to have trouble with our proxy settings. I
have read the 2.19 section in R for Windows and tried what was suggested
(setting http_proxy) but that did not help (still cannot connect). I
think my problem is that we do not have a fixed port but use instead
autoproxy. Has anyone encountered this problem and if so how can it be
fixed?
Thanks,
David

Dr. David Lusseau