[R] windows vista

aaront aaront at uniserve.com
Wed Nov 28 15:25:20 CET 2007

To add to the other two helpful replies: if the administrator account does
not exist, this info provided for another software program I use may be
helpful:

"Some Windows Vista installations may have the Administrator account turned
off. If so, it is easy to turn the true Administrator account on. To do so,
open the Control Panel and open the User Accounts applet. If you do not see
any accounts named Administrator, this account is disabled. To enable the
Administrator account, do the following:

    * Click Start, type cmd into the search pane, wait until the system
displays the cmd.exe item at the top.
    * Right click the item and choose Run as administrator.
    * In the opened command prompt, type net user administrator /active:yes
and click Enter, then log off.
    * There will now be an Administrator account enabled.
    * Log in as the Administrator to install and to activate Manifold."

From: http://www.manifold.net/tech/vista_admin.shtml

http://cran.r-project.org/bin/windows/base/rw-FAQ.html#Does-R-run-under-Windows-Vista_003f