[R] windows vista

Wolfgang Raffelsberger wraff at titus.u-strasbg.fr
Wed Nov 28 16:33:45 CET 2007

Dear Suzuky,

basically you can run R on Vista like you can on Windows XP.

However, there is one issue about installing additional packages :
When launching R under Vista, by default you won't launch as
administrator, and in consequence you can't install additional packages
(i.e. installing conveniently from within R) in the path where the other
packages are located (since this is usually in "Program Files").  Note
that you still CAN install and run the packages but (in this case)
you'll be installing the packages in a new folder in Contacts/Documents/
, which is -in my opinion- not the best place to store them (and they
won't be available for other users on the same PC).  So, if you know
you'll be installing I suggest you to launch R with a right click and
select "as administrator" and then you can install new packages in
proper way.

Wolfgang