[R] Designs with many periods

Michael Kubovy kubovy at virginia.edu
Wed Nov 28 23:38:21 CET 2007

Dear R-helpers,

Jones & Kenward (2003)¶ discuss balanced designs with many periods
(p). It is my impression the algorithmic design packages (AlgDesign,
crossdes, conf.design) in R do not handle cases in which the number of
treatments (t) is < p. Am I mistaken?

To be concrete: I am designing an experiment with t = 12 in a
factorial design (3x4) with p = [12,18] (we have our subjects for an
hour, which allows us about 18 blocks). We can run in the ballpark of
30 subjects.

Pointers welcome.

_______________________
¶ @BOOK{JonesKenward2003,
   title = {Design and analysis of cross-over trial},
   publisher = {Chapman \& Hall/CRC},
   year = {2003},
   address = {Boca Raton, FL, USA},
   edition = {2nd},
   author = {Byron Jones and Michael G. Kenward}
}

_____________________________
Professor Michael Kubovy
University of Virginia
Department of Psychology
USPS:     P.O.Box 400400    Charlottesville, VA 22904-4400
Parcels:    Room 102        Gilmer Hall
         McCormick Road    Charlottesville, VA 22903
Office:    B011    +1-434-982-4729
Lab:        B019    +1-434-982-4751
Fax:        +1-434-982-4766
WWW:    http://www.people.virginia.edu/~mk9y/