[R] how to find and use specific column after spliting dataframe

Hsin-Ya Lee leeznar at yahoo.com.tw
Thu Nov 29 05:18:23 CET 2007

Dear Dallazuanna:

  Thanks for your reply.  It really has solved my problems.
However, I have another question.  How can I do, if I need to calculate such
equation in all sub-dataframe?  I try to use "A.split[]" to catch all
sub-dataframe, but it seems can not catch the columns of all sub-dataframe.
In other words, if the dataframe can split into 2 sub-dataframe, I need
calculate the equation in these 2 sub-dataframe.

x<-rep(c(1.2,6.8),4)
y<-rep(c(1, 2),4)
z<-rep(c(1,2),4)
t<-rep(c(0,1,2,3),length.out=8)
c<-rep(c(0,0.5,1,2),length.out=8)
df<-data.frame(pH=x, formulation=y, subject=z, time=t, concentration=c)
A.split<-split(df, list(df$pH ,df$formulation, df$subject) )
A.split []

Best regards,
Hsin-Ya Lee