[R] rpvm error when loading

Lenzo, Antonino alenzo at UR.Rochester.edu
Thu Nov 29 16:05:49 CET 2007

Hello,

I get this error when issuing the library command (with rpvm) in R:

=================================
Type 'q()' to quit R.

> library(rpvm)
Error in dyn.load(x, as.logical(local), as.logical(now)) :
        unable to load shared library
'/usr/local/lib/R/library/rpvm/libs/rpvm.so':
  /usr/local/lib/R/library/rpvm/libs/rpvm.so: cannot restore segment
prot after reloc: Permission denied
Error in library(rpvm) : .First.lib failed for 'rpvm'

I have successfully loaded R and PVM.  Both of these are working for me.
But I don't understand why I am getting the above-listed error.  Can
anyone provide some insight?

Thanks!
A Lenzo