[R] MS Excel Data

apjaworski at mmm.com apjaworski at mmm.com
Fri Nov 30 01:51:42 CET 2007

Here is a very crude function I use quite often.  It tries to recognize
whether you have headers or not by checking the very first character.  If
it is numeric, it assumes that there are no headers. The suppressWarnings
gets rid of a warning one gets when trying to coerce a character to
numeric.   The main advantage of the function is that you do not have to
type too much :-)

clip <- function(){
    if(is.na(suppressWarnings(as.numeric(scan("clipboard", what="",
nmax=1)))))
       read.delim("clipboard")
    else
       read.delim("clipboard", header=FALSE)

Cheers,

Andy

__________________________________
Andy Jaworski
518-1-01
Process Laboratory
3M Corporate Research Laboratory
-----
E-mail: apjaworski at mmm.com
Tel:  (651) 733-6092
Fax:  (651) 736-3122

             Bert Gunter
             <gunter.berton at ge
             ne.com>                                                    To
             Sent by:                  "'Gabor Grothendieck'"
             r-help-bounces at r-         <ggrothendieck at gmail.com>
             project.org                                                cc
                                       r-help at r-project.org
                                                                   Subject
             11/29/2007 06:39          Re: [R] MS Excel Data
             PM

Better yet! Thanks Gabor.

-- Bert