[R] The R Book - great resource for R beginners

Uwe Ligges ligges at statistik.uni-dortmund.de
Fri Nov 30 20:48:07 CET 2007

Tom La Bone wrote:
> IMHO "The R Book" is far better than indicated in that review and should be
> near the top of the list for beginners looking for a "manual" for R.

We can start a big war about that book now, but we should discuss useful
things instead. I am currently reviewing this book for another journal
and I think the review in R News is very well pointed.

So, there are two very different opinions about the book among readers
of this list, obviously. And if the facts given in the available review
in R News do not convince readers of R-help, I'd suggest to take a look
into the book before buying it.

Best,
Uwe Ligges