[R] orientlib

Duncan Murdoch murdoch at stats.uwo.ca
Mon Oct 1 22:03:59 CEST 2007

On 10/1/2007 1:27 PM, Abu Naser wrote:
> Hi Duncan,
>
> Let me explain again about what I want to do.
>
> I have a three coordinates (x1,y1,z1),(x2,y2,z2), and (x3,y3,z3). I want to use (x1,y1,z1)
 > and (x2,y2,z2) for defining axis of rotation

Okay so far:  the axis is (x1-x2, y1-y2, z1-z2).

> and then calculate the angle of rotation of a  line from (x1,y1,z1) and
(x3,y3,z3) around that axis of rotation.

This part does not make geometric sense to me.  Lines don't have an
angle of rotation around an axis of rotation.  Lines may form angles
with other lines if they intersect (and I assume these two lines
intersect at (x1, y1, z1)), but those have nothing to do with rotations.

> Is it possible using your library?

It sounds as though we are thinking about very different things, so I
would guess not.

 > Or please advise me how to get the  solution?

I don't understand your problem well enough to give any useful advice.

Duncan Murdoch