[R] mcv package gamm function Error in chol(XVX + S)

Simon Wood s.wood at bath.ac.uk
Tue Oct 2 17:23:41 CEST 2007

Well, it's certainly a problem detected by gamm, but whether it's a
fundamental statistical problem with this model/data combination or something
fixable by taking an alternative approach within gamm I can't tell. Would you
be able to send me the data used here (I promise not to use it for anything
else, of course), so I can figure out where the problem is?

best,
Simon