[R] plot question

Tiandao Li Tiandao.Li at usm.edu
Tue Oct 2 20:57:58 CEST 2007

However, I got the following msg.

> matplot(colnames(n), t(n), pch = 1, axes = FALSE)
Error in plot.window(xlim, ylim, log, asp, ...) :
        need finite 'xlim' values
In addition: Warning messages:
1: NAs introduced by coercion in: as.double.default(x)
2: no non-missing arguments to min; returning Inf in: min(x)
3: no non-missing arguments to max; returning -Inf in: max(x)
4: NAs introduced by coercion in: as.double.default(x)

On Tue, 2 Oct 2007, Eric Thompson wrote:

Okay. If you want to customize the axis labels, you can suppress the
defaults by changing the matplot call to

matplot(x, t(n), pch = 1, axes = FALSE)

And then adding them how you want:

axis(side = 2)
axis(side = 3, at = x, lab = colnames(n))
box()