[R] error installing gsl pkg

Robin Hankin r.hankin at noc.soton.ac.uk
Wed Oct 3 15:42:54 CEST 2007

Hello Randy

I get emails like this quite a lot.

The most likely problem is in the installation of
the gsl library.  To verify that it is in fact installed,
try to compile and run the little Bessel function
example given in gsl-ref, section 2.1.

Get this working first.  If it works, this means
that everything is where it should be, and the
configuration script of the R package
should detect this fact.

While I'm writing,  version 1-10 of
GSL came out the other day,  and
the current configure script fails with this version.

I'll upload a fixed version of the gsl
library to CRAN when I get a minute (patch
from  Matt Clegg gratefully acknowledged).

HTH

rksh