[R] ggplot2: problem with geom_errorbar and geom_abline

James D Forester jdforest at uchicago.edu
Thu Oct 4 19:26:48 CEST 2007

Ben Bolker wrote:

> In http://www.nabble.com/plot-graph-with-error-bars-trouble-tf4535734.html
> Hadley Wickham says that this is a bug, fixed in the development version.
> However, I don't see that the update has propagated to my usual CRAN
> mirror yet ...

The error-bar issue is mentioned in that thread, but the problem with
geom_abline can be fixed (which in this example avoids the error-bar
problem). Off list Hadley suggested the following alteration of the code:

p + geom_point() + geom_errorbar(limits, width=0.2) +
geom_abline(slope=0,intercept=3,linetype=2,aes(colour=NULL))

If you want to change the color of the abline, you may use the following:

p + geom_point() + geom_errorbar(limits, width=0.2) +
geom_abline(slope=0,intercept=3,linetype=2,aes(colour=NULL),colour="blue")