[R] Mac GUI and .Renviron

Rob J Goedman goedman at mac.com
Sat Oct 6 16:49:41 CEST 2007

Jacob,

As Steven mentioned,  R-SIG-Mac at stat.math.ethz.ch is a list specific
for OSX only questions.

I think you can achieve something similar by going into the
preference settings of R.app, select the Startup section and select
'Source input file', de-select 'Always apply' and make the R history
file something like 'Rhistory', no fixed path.

You can up the number of history entries, although with R.app's
multiline history and with 'Cleanup history entries' and ' Remove
duplicate entries in history' selected, 250 in a GUI is in many cases
a lot.

In Finder, double-click an .R file you want to work on (or drag its
icon onto the R icon in the Dock), R will open in the dir of the file
and read the correct history file. It will open the double-clicked or
dragged file in either the internal or external editor, whichever one
is selected.

I do not think you can, without some further steps, run multiple
R.apps at the same time. Let me know if that is critical for you.

Hope this helps,
regards,
Rob