[R] tcltk scrollbar

Peter Dalgaard P.Dalgaard at biostat.ku.dk
Mon Oct 8 11:24:05 CEST 2007

Jonne Zutt wrote:
> Maybe I do...
> I think the OP means the first scrollbar isn't tight to the first
> listbox. This is due to the length of the "Basic Manipulation" label.
>
> For example, try to pack this label as follows:
>   tkgrid(lbl.MainT,columnspan=2,sticky="nw")

Aha. Now I see it too:

tkconfigure(lbl.MainT,text="Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious")

and yes, tkgrid() creates a (surprise) grid layout, so if one cell is
wide, so is the entire column, unless you let the cell span more than
one column.

I.e. this makes the effect go away

tkgrid(lbl.MainT,columnspan=4,sticky="nw")

(columnspan=2 does not quite cut it in this case)

    -p