[R] Specify plot size

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Mon Oct 8 18:29:23 CEST 2007

On Mon, 8 Oct 2007, Eric Thompson wrote:

> Have you tried using pdf(), postscript(), or jpeg()? All of these have
> arguments to specify the height and width of the device.

And so does every other graphics device.  Note though that the
height/width of the device is not that of a plot (nor necessarily of the
figure): see the graphics pars 'pin' and 'fin' if you really want to
specify the plot or figure size (as in the subject line).

`An Introduction to R' explains this in more detail'.

Brian D. Ripley,                  ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk