[R] estfun & d

Douglas Bates bates at stat.wisc.edu
Mon Oct 8 19:42:50 CEST 2007

On 10/8/07, Abdus Sattar <gsrwork at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hello EVERYONE,

> I need an URGENT help from you please!

> How can I see the "estfun" (empirical estimating function) and "df" (degree of freedom) from the following mixed-model please?

> (fm1 <- lmer2(Reaction ~ Days + (Days|Subject), sleepstudy))

You have asked this question several times on this list and on the
R-SIG-Mixed-Models list.  Repeating the question ad nauseum is
unlikely to generate a helpful answer.

To the best of my knowledge there is no lmer or lmer2 method for the
estfun generic.  Others may be willing to give you some references on
the difficulty in determining degrees of freedom issue - I don't want
to rehash it myself.

So, despite your repeated requests, there are no good answers to your
questions.  You cannot "see" such results because there are, as far as
I know, no functions to provide such results.  You are welcome to
write your own code to provide them.  If that is not suitable you may
need to take advantage of our money-back guarantee and remove R from
your computer to qualify for a full refund of the purchase price.