[R] R and FDA trials

Gregory Warnes gregory.warnes at mac.com
Mon Oct 8 21:24:43 CEST 2007

Hi All,

I'm excited to see that R-Core has released the document "R:
Regulatory Compliance and Validation Issues
A Guidance Document for the Use of R in Regulated Clinical Trial
Environments"  (http://www.r-project.org/doc/R-FDA.pdf).
I know it represents a great deal of effort on the part of R core,
and it has taken many months to achieve.

Random Technologies, LLC (http://random-technologies-llc.com) has
been extended this work to cover additional R packages, as well as
offering additional documentation, products, and tools that
facilitate use of R for mission-critical and regulated contexts.
(Lots of this work falls into the "Make your *boss* happy" context,
<grin>).  These efforts are supported by the sale of support
contracts and related services.

We are very interested in working with R users and developers to
identify additional 1) packages, 2) features, and 3) documents which
will (with appropriate documentation and testing, of course) make R
easier to use (both functionally and politically) for FDA sumbissions.

Please send us your suggestions and comments at <comments at random-
technologies-llc.com>

-G

Gregory R. Warnes, Ph.D.
Chief Scientist

On Oct 8, 2007, at 8:54AM , Marc Schwartz wrote:

> On Sun, 2007-10-07 at 21:25 -0500, Frank E Harrell Jr wrote:
>> Ricardo Pietrobon wrote:
>>> Yesterday I just noticed the new document on R and regulatory
>>> aspects
>>> for biomedical research posted at