[R] How put description under the graph (using different lines)

Greg Snow Greg.Snow at intermountainmail.org
Tue Oct 9 00:06:22 CEST 2007

If your descriptions are just 1 line each then you can give yourself
extra room at the bottom with par(mar=c(...
Then use the mtext function to add the descriptions.  If the
descriptions are more detailed then you can try something like:

> library(gplots)
> layout( rbind( 1,2,c(3,4) ) )
> barplot(1:10)
> textplot('this is the first description', cex=1)
> textplot('this is the second',cex=1)
> textplot('and the third',cex=1)

But play with the 'heights' argument to layout to get the heights how
you want them to be.

Hope this helps,

--
Gregory (Greg) L. Snow Ph.D.