[R] Using expression for Italics and object evaluation in plot title

Daniel Brewer daniel.brewer at icr.ac.uk
Wed Oct 10 12:12:23 CEST 2007

Hi,

I am trying to get a title on a plot that contains both some formatting
and prints the value of an object.  What I have been using to get the
italics is:

title(sub=expression(paste("Log-rank test ",italic("p"),"-value = ",p.val)))

But this prints "p.val" rather than the object value.  I have tried
various combinations of paste and expression but it seems that to get
the italic expression function has to be called first.

Any ideas on how to get round this problem?

Thanks

Dan
Daniel Brewer, Ph.D.
Institute of Cancer Research
Email: daniel.brewer at icr.ac.uk

This e-mail message is confidential and for use by the a...{{dropped:2}}