[R] Identifying and characterizing strings of NA in a vector

Dimitris Rizopoulos dimitris.rizopoulos at med.kuleuven.be
Thu Oct 11 15:59:42 CEST 2007

try something like this:

vec <- c(1, 2, 1, NA, NA, 1, 2, NA, NA, NA, 3, 4, NA, NA)

out <- rle(is.na(vec))
table(out$lengths[out$values])

I hope it helps.

Best,
Dimitris

----
Dimitris Rizopoulos
Ph.D. Student
Biostatistical Centre
School of Public Health
Catholic University of Leuven

Address: Kapucijnenvoer 35, Leuven, Belgium
Tel: +32/(0)16/336899
Fax: +32/(0)16/337015
Web: http://med.kuleuven.be/biostat/
     http://www.student.kuleuven.be/~m0390867/dimitris.htm