[R] Axis value as percentage

hadley wickham h.wickham at gmail.com
Thu Oct 11 16:46:25 CEST 2007

On 10/11/07, Christoph Krammer <ck at altaica.de> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am using ggplot2 to display some distributions, I my data, there are
> percentages represented as 0.10, 0.13, ...
>
> I now want to do the axis show "5%", "10%", "15%", ...

Not easily - but you can use the breaks and labels arguments to
scale_y_continuous to control the exact appearance of the labels,
e.g.:

breaks <- seq(0, 1, by=0.05)
+ scale_y_continuous(breaks = breaks, labels = paste(breaks * 100, "%", sep=""))

> Is there is simple way to do this? I tried to use scale_y_prob(), but I
> didn't get through it.

The probability scale is used for scaling by inverse probability
distributions, so isn't useful here.

Hadley

--
http://had.co.nz/