[R] Basic plot question: Figure 1.1 Pinheiro & Bates

Stefan Grosse singularitaet at gmx.net
Fri Oct 12 17:47:25 CEST 2007

On Friday 12 October 2007 17:31:22 David Afshartous wrote:
DA > All,
DA > Sorry for overly simplistic question, but I can't seem to remember how
DA > create the basic plot shown in Figure 1.1 of Pinheiro & Bates (2004;
 p.4).
DA > The y-axis delineates a factor (Rail) while the x-axis displays
 the
DA > distribution of a continuous variable (time) according to each
 level of the
DA > factor.  Didn't see it in archives but perhaps I'm not
 searching on correct
DA > key words, any help appreciated,
DA > David

library(lattice)