[R] Utility data uploading functions prior to analysing data using CGIwithR

Chris Evans chris at psyctc.org
Fri Oct 12 19:50:21 CEST 2007

Dear all,

I am developing a small suite of cgi-bin programs on my server that help
provide some things that statistical/psychometric beginners may find
helpful and which are aren't widely available.  Some early e.g.s are:

http://www.psyctc.org/stats/R/multirater.html
http://www.psyctc.org/stats/R/CSC1.html

and I'll be adding more to http://www.psyctc.org/stats/ and some that
will be hidden and only available to members of the Society for
Psychotherapy Research (we're trying to give members a bit more to
encourage membership!)

I'm a much better psychotherapist than programmer so I'm just about
self-aware enough to know how inelegant my code is and to recognise that
I'll write much better code when I can legitimately borrow and adapt
others' work!

I realised that what would help the next stage of what I want to do is a
set of utility functions that would allow people to put data up to the
server as SPSS SAV, xls (ugh), and raw ASCII.  Currently I've just been
using simple paste into text boxes with CGIwithR but that's going to be
quite limiting.

I might also want to be able to regulate people's access by Email and a
password and perhaps throttle how often someone uses it (to prevent DoS
attack on the server).

I suspect that someone much better than me at this sort of thing may
have already done what I need so I thought I'd ask!

If not, anyone got a student who might work with us on this as a
project?  Might be small amount of SPR money in it too but we're not
exactly flush so I really don't know.

TIA, and, as always when I'm here, thanks for R and this list!

Chris

--
Chris Evans <chris at psyctc.org> Skype: chris-psyctc
Professor of Psychotherapy, Nottingham University;