[R] vars shocks assumption

Martin Ivanov tramni at abv.bg
Sat Oct 13 14:10:48 CEST 2007

Dear R users,

I am using the vars package to calculate the impulse response functions and the forecast error variance decomposition of a VAR model. Unfortunately I do not know whether these functions assume unit or one standard deviation shocks. I tried to look into the code of these functions, but in vain: neither irf, nor vars::irf, nor vars:::irf output the code of the functions. Does someone know whether irf and fevd assume one standard deviation or a unit shock? How can I see the code of these functions?

Regards,
Martin Ivanov