[R] how to use normalmixEM to get correct result?

bgchen bgchen at scut.edu.cn
Mon Oct 15 05:00:29 CEST 2007

Dear R-Users,
    I have a large number of data(54000) and the field of data is  50 to 2.0e9. I want to use normalmixEM (package:mixtools) to fit them in finite mixture narmal distributions,but get some mistakes.I don't know which steps make the error.
	I have used the following functions before
	>x<-read.table("data")
	>log.x<-log10(x$V1)
    >log.x<-sort(log.x)
    >outx = normalmixEM(log.x,arbmean = TRUE, arbvar = TRUE, k=2,epsilon = 1e-03,maxit = 10000, verb = FALSE)
	The output is given as:
	Need new starting values due to singularity...
	Need new starting values due to singularity...
    Need new starting values due to singularity...
    error in normalmixEM(log.x, arbmean = TRUE, arbvar = TRUE, k = 2, epsilon = 0.001,  :
        Too many tries!

Thanks for the help

         bob
        bgchen at scut.edu.cn