[R] Need some help

azzza azza.khogaliali at utoronto.ca
Mon Oct 15 07:21:05 CEST 2007

Hi!
I'm taking a course that requires some programming background, but I'm a
complete novice in the field.

when asked to generate a list of 20 uniform random numbers, is it alright if
I put in >randu, and just copy-paste the first 20 numbers?? Or is there, as
I suspect, a better way of calling out exactly 20 uniform random numbers??

I'm also unable to solve the following problem:
We know that on average 30% of the customers who enter a store make a
purchase. Suppose 200
people enter the store today. Run a simulation to see how many purchases we
will have today.

Any help is greatly appreciated. i went through the Rmanual, but felt that
it did not lend me the information i needed to solve the above queries.
Thanks again