[R] ggplot2: ordering categorial data

Christoph Krammer ck at altaica.de
Mon Oct 15 10:57:29 CEST 2007

I got some further with this issue by myself, using a temporary rank number
to get the bars sortet:

data_rb <- read.csv("c421_recipient_country.txt", header=TRUE, nrows=10)
data_rb$i <- factor(seq(1,10))
levels(data_rb$i) <- data_rb$tld

ggplot(data_rb) + geom_bar(aes(x=i, y=spam), colour="navy", fill="navy") +
geom_bar(aes(x=i, y=stockspam), fill="maroon")

But the problem is that both bars got stacked up. The lower part is blue and
the upper one is red. I did not get how to use position_dodge() to separate
them.

With the following idea, I get an error:

> ggplot(data_rb) + geom_bar(aes(x=i, y=spam), fill="navy",
position="dodge") + geom_bar(aes(x=i, y=stockspam), fill="maroon",
position="dodge")
Fehler in as.vector(x, "double") : kann nicht nach Vektor umwandeln

In english: "Error in as.vector(x, "double") : can not convert to vector"

Can anybody help here?

Thanks and regards,
 Christoph