[R] Need some help

Nordlund, Dan (DSHS/RDA) NordlDJ at dshs.wa.gov
Tue Oct 16 20:00:49 CEST 2007

I guess I don't understand what you mean by "sign change".  It seems to me that on any given toss there either is or there isn't a change from heads to tails (or tails to head).  How then would it be possible to get a +3 sign change on the first toss?  Also, I might guess as to what you mean by a negative sign change but my crystal ball is in the shop :-).

Again, I would recommend that you simulate 10 coin tosses, and then by hand determine your negative and positive sign changes, and then show us the tosses, the sign changes, and the y value that you want plotted for each toss.  That would at least clarify for me (if for no one else) what the issues are.

Sorry I don't have any better advice at the moment,

Dan

Daniel J. Nordlund
Research and Data Analysis
Olympia, WA  98504-5204