[R] vector graphics/ ungroup and edit in CorelDraw

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Fri Oct 19 09:36:50 CEST 2007

The R graphics model is low-level, and the problem is CorelDraw's limited
capabilities (Adobe Illustrator seems to do rather better with postscript
generated by R).  The XFig and SVG drivers may produce output that is more
easily editable, but ultimately the problem is that R graphics is done by
precise placement of basic elements (lines, rectangles, polygons, text)
and not designed to be post-processed.

One of my students had some success generating SVG plots via RSvgDevice
and editing with Inkscape: that has announced PDF import support, but I've
not yet tried it.

Brian D. Ripley,                  ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk