[R] lmer(.): extract fitted values

Christine Adrion adrion at ibe.med.uni-muenchen.de
Fri Oct 19 16:11:39 CEST 2007

Hello,

I am looking for a way to extract fitted values of a 2-level generalized
linear mixed model using lme4-package.
As it is a Poisson-model, I have to use lmer(.), e.g.:
(y ~ x1 + x2 + (1|PtID), data = mydata, family = "poisson", method = "ML")

If it was a linear mixed model with normally distributed response, that
would be very easy, e.g.:
### 2-level LME
   fm1 <- lme(pixel ~ day + I(day^2), data = Pixel, random = list(Dog = ~
day, Side = ~ 1))
   fitted(fm1, level = 0:2)
   plot(augPred(fm1, level = c(0,1,2)))

How can I extract the fitted values for different levels so that I can plot
it afterwards ? Is there something similar to augPred in lmer() ???

Thanks in advance for your answers,
Christine Adrion.