[R] tcltk: help with tkmenubutton

Alberto Monteiro albmont at centroin.com.br
Fri Oct 19 20:40:38 CEST 2007

I wrote: [note to self: I must stop this schizophrenic habit
of replying to self. note to self II: I must also stop making
notes to self]

> I am struck here. What magic inchantation is required with tkmenubutton?
> (...)
> #  HERE!!! What is the magic inchantation that I must use here?
> #
> # $m_file->command(-label => "New", -command => [\&file, "new"]);
> #
> #

I think I have the answer: it's "Windows".

>From the tcl/tk help page about "menu":

  If a -command option is specified for a cascade entry then it is
  evaluated as a Tcl command whenever the entry is invoked. This
  is not supported on Windows.

Maybe that's the reason.

Alberto Monteiro