[R] Help installing Rstem package

Duncan Temple Lang duncan at wald.ucdavis.edu
Sun Oct 21 20:59:17 CEST 2007

Filipe Almeida wrote:
> Hi to all,
>
> Hi have a dificult installing the Rstem package from Duncan Lang (
> http://www.omegahat.org/Rstem/).
> I use 2.6.0 R version, and 0.2-3 from the "tm" package. I can't get a

It is helpful to tell us that you are on Windows.

> correct instalation of this packages and I tryed some ways to pass this
> problem but with no sucess.
>
> Anyone can help me?
>
> I try some insues in this forum like:
>> install.packages("Rstem", repos = "http://www.omegahat.org/R")
> Warning message:
> package 'Rstem' is not available

You can try it again as I just put a binary version of the
package for R-2.6.0 on the repository.

> ... AND...
>
>  install.packages("Rstem", repos = "http://www.omegahat.org/R",
> type="source")
> trying URL 'http://www.omegahat.org/R/src/contrib/Rstem_0.3-1.tar.gz'
> Content type 'application/x-gzip' length 606408 bytes (592 Kb)
> opened URL
> downloaded 592 Kb

To build the package from source, you need to install some
supporting tools such as a C compiler and Perl. These
are easily downloaded thanks to Duncan Murdoch's packaging
of them. But using the new binary for this package, you
won't need these.