[R] Elasticity in Leslie Matrix

Chris Stubben stubben at lanl.gov
Mon Oct 22 18:40:32 CEST 2007

> I would like to calculate elasticities and sensitivities of each parameters
> involved in the following transition matrix:
>
> A <- matrix(c(
> sigma*s0*f1,  sigma*s0*f2,
>                s,                 v
> ), nrow=2, byrow=TRUE,dimnames=list(stage,stage))
>
> The command "eigen.analysis" avaliable in package "popbio" provides
> sensibility matrix and elasticity matrix (same dimension than A). I would
> like to know if there is a way to calculate separetely the elasticity of
> sigma, s0, f1, f2, s and v ?

If you want the eigenvalue second derivatives, check the secder and fullsecder
functions in the demogR package (also elassens for partial derivatives of the
eigenvalue elasticities).  A description of that package is also found in the
recent special issue of Ecology in R in Journal of Statistical Software.

Chris