[R] Spatial autocorrelation

Julian Burgos jmburgos at u.washington.edu
Mon Oct 22 20:10:49 CEST 2007

Hi Geertje,

You should look into linear mixed-effects models.  In these you can
incorporate spatial correlation explicitly.  The basic function to use
is lme(), but you should do some reading about this type of models
before jumping into it.  An excellent resource is the book "Mixed
Effects Models in S and S-Plus" by Jose Pinheiro and Douglas Bates.

Good Luck!

Julian