[R] Input appreciated: R teaching idea + a way to improve R-wiki

David Airey david.airey at Vanderbilt.Edu
Mon Oct 22 22:46:38 CEST 2007

.

I would love more quality online documentation around the same level
as at UCLA (http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/; the Stata pages are
fantastic), but I think I would like the first draft responsibility
to fall to the well qualified instructor (Hi Matt!), and those with
at least a Masters in statistics.

I chose to learn Stata in 2002, because the documentation was far
superior. R documentation has improved immensely, and now there is a
lot more material to get average scientists (like me) comfortable
with using R packages and writing R functions. However, R
documentation is still too terse with regard to well explained
examples, compared to other software. You can find examples, sure,
but they may not be so well explained in the function help file.

-Dave

--
Matthew C Keller
Asst. Professor of Psychology

--
David C. Airey, Ph.D.
Pharmacology Research Assistant Professor