[R] having problems with the lme function

8rino-Luca Pantani ottorino-luca.pantani at unifi.it
Tue Oct 23 10:19:40 CEST 2007

Hi Rodrigo,
it is not easy to anwer your question since you did not provide some
data to work with, nor what went wrong with your code.
Anyway, as far as I can catch I would try the following

library(nlme)
df.GD <- groupedData(Y ~ fact_A +fact_B|fact_C, data=DataFrame)
lme.1 <-lme(y~fact_A + fact_B, data=GD, random=~1|fact_C)

I'm not sure on the syntax for corClasses, but from the book cited below
I see some examples like

corr=corAR1(0.8, form= ~1|fact_C)

Should you move definitely to R, I strongly suggest you to buy and study
the following book

Pinheiro, J.C., and Bates, D.M. (2000) "Mixed-Effects Models in S
     and S-PLUS", Springer.

All the best

--
Ottorino-Luca Pantani, Università di Firenze
Dip. Scienza del Suolo e Nutrizione della Pianta