[R] simple data.frame question

pharos patrick_schmoellerl at yahoo.de
Tue Oct 23 21:24:49 CEST 2007

Hi,

At first I have to admit that I'm quite new to R and need some basic
information. Although I searched the internet and this forum where I found
answers to really sophisticated questions, I couldn't find the answer to my
really simple one - or I didn't understand it for English is not my
mothertongue.
I'm using Rpad to simulate a webserver on my PC. Further I've got an html
<form> with some checkboxes/radiobuttons. My first code-chunk attempts to
create a data.frame (but I don't know, if I've done it correct):

	statistik <- data.frame(car = factor(), ubahn = factor () [...], quantity =
numeric())

When clicking on a button, I want to submit the values from the <form> to
the data.frame.

        statistik <- c(car, autobus, ubahn, strassenbahn, bicycle, walk,
quantity)

When clicking another buttons I want to show the saved values.

	print(statistik)

What in fact happens is that by submiting the values, the first row of the
data.frame is overwritten. At least that's what it looks like to me. If you
need any further information, please let me know.
I'd allready be happy if you could point out what's the exact place to look
for in some kind of manual. Thanks for your help!