[R] Plots in Meta-Analysis

Bernd Weiss bernd.weiss at uni-koeln.de
Wed Oct 24 18:17:04 CEST 2007

Heather Watson schrieb:
> Hello,
>
> I have been working with the meta and rmeta packages in R.  Is it possible to plot both the fixed and random effects so they appear on the same plot?  Basically, I would like the plot to show the effects of each study, the summary effect for the fixed effects and the summary effect for the random effects.
> As far as I can tell from the documentation and my own code, possible plots pertain to one or the other, but not both.  Thank you for your time.

Hi Heather,

Is this what you are looking for?

library(meta)
data(Fleiss93)
meta1 <- metabin(event.e, n.e, event.c, n.c, data=Fleiss93, sm="RR",
meth="I")
meta1

## with new labels
plot(meta1, comb.f = TRUE, comb.r = TRUE, text.f = "New label FEM",
text.r = "New label REM")

## without new labels
plot(meta1, comb.f = TRUE, comb.r = TRUE)

HTH,

Bernd