[R] Accessing scripts in a different directory on a Mac

Bryan Hanson hanson at depauw.edu
Fri Oct 26 04:49:18 CEST 2007

Hi all.  A question for knowledgeable folks using R on an Intel Mac running
OS X 10.4.10

For ease of maintenance, I have broken a large R script into a main script
which ³oversees² things by calling other scripts, using ³source².  Let¹s
call the secondary scripts ³sub-scripts.²

I¹d like for the sub-scripts to reside in a different directory (again, for
ease of maintenance, and so I can access them from many other directories).
I¹ve looked all over the documentation about paths and filenames, but I¹m
having trouble deciding which of the many functions is the one I need.

As a more specific example, my main script currently contains
source(³test.R²) and I need to do something like source(path"test.R").

Ideally, I'd like to specify path early in the file one time, and have it
apply automatically later.

Stuff in the documentation only seems to tease!

Thanks in advance, Bryan