[R] How to remove non-UTF-8 characters from a string

Bos, Roger roger.bos at us.rothschild.com
Fri Oct 26 16:19:04 CEST 2007

All,

I am trying to post text from an XLS spread to my wiki and I need to
remove any characters that are not UTF-8.  Is there an easy gsub command
that can do this?

(I previously sent this same email to r-sig-gui.  That was a mistake and
I apologize for the duplication.)

Thanks, Roger J. Bos

********************************************************************** *
This message is for the named person's use only. It may
contain confidential, proprietary or legally privileged
information. No right to confidential or privileged treatment
of this message is waived or lost by any error in
transmission. If you have received this message in error,
please immediately notify the sender by e-mail,
delete the message and all copies from your system and destroy
any hard copies. You must not, directly or indirectly, use,
disclose, distribute, print or copy any part of this message
if you are not the intended recipient.