[R] Oracle and RJDBC

Slawek Smyl slsmyl at yahoo.com.au
Sat Oct 27 11:30:23 CEST 2007

Hello,
I am using Oracle 10.2 and R 2.6 on Windows XP.
I found RODBC working generally OK (with some minor problems) but very slow, so I am trying to use RJDBC.
While getting things (dbGetQuery) works fine, I have problems with saving:
dbWriteTable(conn, "WAV", save_df, overwrite = F, append = T, row.names=F)
will fail with
execute JDBC update query failed in dbSendUpdate (ORA-01000: maximum open cursors exceeded

Now, I do not believe that my limit of 300 open cursors has been exceeded - it is only  me who uses this Oracle instance and anyway RODBC works (although slowly).
The data frame has a few columns and around two thousand rows. Table WAV is automatically created, but remains empty.

I would be grateful if someone could help me,
Slawek