[R] problems in cross validation of SVM in pakage "e1071"

David Meyer david.meyer at wu-wien.ac.at
Mon Oct 29 00:07:02 CET 2007

Dear Nan Qiao,

the accuracies are in percent (so times 100).

Best
David

Hi:

I am a newer in using R for data mining, and find the "e1071" pakage an
excellent tool in doing data mining work!

what frustrated me recently is that when I using the function "svm" and
using the "cross=10" parameters, I got all the "accuracies" of the model
greater than 1. Isn't that the accuracy should be smaller than 1? so I
wander how, the accuracy of the cross validation is calculated, and
what's the meaning of the accuracy?