[R] meaning of lenwrk value in adapt function

Eric Archer Eric.Archer at noaa.gov
Mon Oct 29 09:17:57 CET 2007

R-listers,

In using the adapt function, I am getting the following warning:

Ifail=2, lenwrk was too small. -- fix adapt() !
 Check the returned relerr! in: adapt(ndim = 2, lower = lower.limit,
upper = upper.limit, functn = pr.set,

Would someone explain what the 'lenwrk' value indicates in order to help
diagnose this issue.
Also, what are the possible codes for Ifail, so I can set some traps in
my code to handle them correctly.

I apologize for not including a reproducible example in this query, but
the function that is being called in adapt is a rather complex
temporal-spatial density function and would require many lines of code
along with the necessary data, and would not be useful at this stage in
debugging.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,

Eric Archer, Ph.D.