[R] Installing ade4, missing libraries

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Mon Oct 29 09:22:21 CET 2007

Please do not hijack a different thread for your question.  In particular
do not send your question directly to those who asked or helped with other
questions.

You need libgfortran to build R.  I assume you did a binary install on
'Linux', but without the details the R posting guide asked you for I can't
tell you exactly what is missing.  Properly set up binary installations
have a component that brings in all the needed dependencies, e.g. RedHat
ones have R and R-devel RPMs.

RedHat systems have rpms for gcc-gfortran and libgfortran, but others
may differ.  Note that the provision might be split: the actual library is
in libgfortran but the 'devel' part needed to build against it is in
gcc-gfortran (at least on the version I looked at).

Brian D. Ripley,                  ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk